Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Here goes nothin!

Ok, so I feel a little funny about this whole blog thing. I don't really know what I am doing, and I definitely don't think anything I write is really that wonderful that you'll actually want to read it; however, I do think this could be fun so I'm going to give it a try. Bear with me.

About 3 years ago, I began to feel the Lord leading me into women's ministry. It started as a deep burden that there was much more to my spiritual walk with God than I was actually experiencing. A deep hunger for the Word of God resulted in the realization that nothing on this earth can satisfy the void that is set aside for Jesus Christ alone to fulfill. I believe that women at all ages and stages of life can experience great victory through the study of the Word of God.

There are a few things I am deeply passionate about:

1) I believe we are each created with a unique and intricate purpose. Ephesians 2:10 says, "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." We are each an individual work of art, created by God, to know our purpose in Him. We discover that purpose through knowing and seeking Jesus. Psalm 138:8 says, "The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me; Your love O Lord, endures forever - do not abandon the works of Your hands."

2) I believe that God has all the days of our lives ordained, or prepared. Psalm 139:16 says, "All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be." God has specific plans for each of our lives. When we seek Him for direction in our lives, His Word assures us He will be found by us (Isaiah 55:6).

3.) I believe God has something profound to say to each one of us, every single day, through His Word. Whether we focus in on 1 verse, or a whole chapter, I believe that the Word of God is totally active and applicable in our lives today.

I love the following Scripture in Daniel 4:2-3 - "It is my pleasure to tell you about the miraculous signs and wonders that the Most High God has performed for me. How great are His signs, how mighty His wonders! His kingdom is an eternal kingdom; His dominion endures from generation to generation." That being said, I pray this blog will be a blessing to you. It is my pleasure to share with you what He is teaching me, and I cannot wait to hear all that He is doing in your lives. It is my prayer that anytime you happen to have a free moment to log on, there will be something here that will spur you on in your faith walk, and even possibly provide you with a "hint of hope."

I think this will be fun!

Blessings to you!
Heather

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your new blog!! Its so very inspirational and encouraging. Sometimes I don't study the word as often as I should or I don't take away the same intepretation...so its wonderful to have some additional insight.

God Bless you Heather! I look forward to seeing what God is going to do through this new blog :)