Saturday, August 30, 2008

The 3 Question Method

I thought that over the next week or so I would post a few helpful hints for studying the Bible - to be used for your own personal quiet time, or in a group setting.

The 3 Question Method is a method of studying the Bible verse-by-verse. I have used this both individually and in a large group Bible study, and have found it to be extremely effective and insightful.

Example: Psalm 46:10
"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

Step 1: What does God's Word say? (List the facts.)
Be still. Know that God is God. God will be exalted among the nations and in the earth.

Step 2: What does God's Word mean? (List the spiritual application.)
Sit back and trust that God is in control.

Step 3: What does God's Word mean to me? (Personalize the spiritual application by putting it into the form of a question.)
Am I sitting back and trusting that God is in control of my life? That He is in control of my particular circumstance?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heath, I am so glad you posted this because it's been so long since we learned this method. This is a great reminder! Thanks, friend. Love you!