Friday, September 5, 2008

Wrestling with Fear?

Psalm 13:2-6 reads:

"How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me? Look on me and answer, O Lord my God. Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death; my enemy will say, 'I have overcome him,' and my foes will rejoice when I fall. But I trust in Your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in Your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, for He has been good to me."

I believe one of the enemy's most dibilating schemes comes in the form of fear. He wants to encumber our faith, replacing it with fear. The fear of today, or of tomorrow. The fear that we're not good enough, not smart enough, not godly enough. The fear of what has been, or what could be, or even what won't be.

We hear it said, "Fear is the opposite of faith." Look above once more at the few verses out of this particular Psalm of David. The first couple sentences are completely opposite of the last 2, are they not? He is displacing his fear onto his faith. Praise the Lord that we have Him to displace our fear upon. He is worthy of our complete trust, even when we're fearful.

The enemy is after our joy, girls. He wants it. Don't give your joy up today. Instead of being fearful, throw yourself headlong into His arms. Celebrate His rescue. Sing at the top of your lungs, because you, my dear, are so full of answered prayers! (Psalm 13:5-6 - The Message)

I am praying God's Victory over your life today! Relish in His goodness.

Love you!

No comments: