Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Before the Throne of God Above

My heart has been heavy today. I think I've listened to Selah's rendition of the song below, like 50 times - not exaggerating. Sometimes music can just minister to our souls like nothing else ... But seriously though, can you look at the words of this song? It is packed with the Truth of the Gospel. He is the great I AM - and thankfully, He IS who He IS in our times of complete and utter heaviness.

Before the Throne of God Above, Bancroft
Before the throne of God above
I have a strong and perfect plea
A great high Priest whose Name is Love
Who ever lives and pleads for me
My name is graven on His Hands
My name is written on His Heart
I know that while in heaven He stands
No tongue can bid me thence depart

When Satan tempts me to despair
And tells me of the guilt within
Upward I look and see Him there
Who made an end to all my sin
Because the sinless Savior died
My sinful soul is counted free
For God the Just is satisfied
To look on Him and pardon me

Behold Him there the Risen Lamb
My perfect spotless Righteousness
The great unchangeable I AM
The King of glory and of grace
One in Himself I cannot die
My soul is purchased by His blood
My life is hid with Christ on high
With Christ my Savior and my God

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is such an amazing song. We need reminders with these words in times like these. I have to keep remembering God hasn't changed in the last two weeks... He's still who He said He was at the beginning of creation.