Thursday, December 18, 2008

"Seek Me"

I believe God spoke some words of Truth over me this evening while parked in front of my trusty coffee shop. I was sitting in my car listening to the remainder of a worship song on my new Hillsong London cd, and as always, I had a lot on my mind. I stared into the sky while listening to the words of this particular song, filled with the message of "God's peace," and I began asking Him some questions that have been frequenting my mind lately. He quietly yet profoundly spoke the words "Seek Me" over my wandering mind. Immediately, everything fell into perspective. I remembered why I am on this earth in the first place. My circumstances no longer looked and seemed so bleak - They were completely replaced with the vision of the Cross of Christ. Right then, I felt completely fulfilled and satisfied ... motivated to serve the One True Living God, Jesus Christ. My life again had substance, and I thought to myself ... "Yes, you know what? I think I may just be able to face another day after all. But, Lord ... Please don't let go of me. "

Do you ever have those days?

"And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. But seek His Kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well." (Luke 12:29-31)

Having a heart that is focused on Christ, does not simply nullify every single human desire we have. In fact, God knits each of us together with specific desires and purposes, which I do believe He intends to fulfill. Why do I believe that? Because our God is an intimate God who wants good things for His children. He "satisfies our desires with good things" (Psalm 103:5). Notice the Scripture does not say that He may satisfy our desires. It also does not say that He will satisfy our desires with mediocre things. And then there's the fact that "He fulfills the desires of those who fear Him" (Psalm 145:19), and "satisfies the desires of every living thing" (Psalm 145:16). Yes, my dears ... He most definitely wants to bring good to our lives.

I love thinking about the fact that we as children of God, have holy hearts. I do believe that God fills our holy hearts with holy desires, which our Holy God then calls into action and fulfills. And let me assure you - When God has raised a desire, especially in spiritual things, He will gratify it. Oh, I get so excited about this! Mainly because I have seen God transform the desires of my heart from a spiritual standpoint so many times. Every time more re-shaping occurs, my desires are made more like His. My holy heart is fashioned more and more to match His. Spurgeon says, "A holy heart only desires what a holy God can give." I don't know about you, but that takes some pressure off for me.

The next time you are overwhelmed with a desire of your heart, one that will ultimately bring honor and glory to the Lord - Confidently take that as a holy desire, as the Lord's desire. And believe that He will satisfy it. Oh, I just love this!

And praise God that He knows what we need, as Luke 12:29-31 (noted above) reminds us. Just seek Him .... It is then that you will truly be in tune with your holy heart, with the holy desires He has put there, and with the faith to believe Him to bring these things to pass.

I love you dearly. Thank you for believing and seeking God with me. May you find great purpose in the Cross of Christ today. In fact, may it overshadow everything else on your precious little mind.

No comments: