Friday, May 29, 2009

A New Chapter

I never thought I would be a lover of Christian fiction until I started reading Karen Kingsbury. I am beginning the new Karen Kingsbury series today: Above the Line. The first book, Take One, is out in stores. It looks like the second book, Take Two, is being released next month.

For any of you girls who want a good summer read and have never read anything by Karen Kingsbury, my personal recommendation is to start with the Redemption Series. There are 5 books in this series, and I assure you that once you speed through these 5 books, you will be ready for the next 2 series: the Firstborn Series and Sunrise Series.

What I love about her books is that they are loaded with biblical principles for relationships, marriage, life, and trials. She incorporates Scripture throughout her books so beautifully, that you truly feel you have spent time with the Lord after reading. And what I love about the characters in her books more than anything, is that they inspire you to get in the Word!

So, just a suggestion. I'm off to my future husband's softball game (Oh my gosh, that sounds so weird! Ahh, I cannot wait to marry this man!) ... And then enjoying some leisurely reading!

Love Y'all!

1 comment:

Chloe said...

If you like Karen then youll LOVE Francine Rivers! Read Redeeming Love! It is AMAZING!