Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Constantly

It's been a busy week. 'Tis the month of January, I reckon. When I arrived home this evening from work, there was a card waiting for me on the kitchen counter. I could tell from the first glance of the handwritten address that it was from one of my dearest friends. And so I hurriedly put all my things down and took a minute to open the card first thing. Because I knew what awaited me in that card ... Encouragement.

Let me just share with you the perfect verse from The Living Bible translation that was written inside the card:

"How precious it is, Lord, to realize that You are thinking about me constantly!" (Psalm 139:17, TLB)

I have a hungry husband downstairs, so I need to get going. But, I just had to share that oh so sweet (but oh so true) truth with you before I cut my chicken and baked my potatoes.

"I will lift up my eyes to the mountains; From where shall my help come? My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth." (Psalm 121:1-2, NASB)

Are your eyes looking up today?
Because you can guarantee that His Eyes ...
Are looking down at you. Constantly.

2 comments:

Jackie Savi-Cannon said...

An actual letter that arrives the old fashioned way ..it is something to celebrate..especially after one has had a long day.
When we have a work day, it does not end when we come home.
Children to feed and tend with, husbands..
after everyone its our time

Jocelyn said...

I love this post - especially the last part! So true!

God bless you!