Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Confident Future

"Be strong and very courageous.
Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you;
Do not turn from it to the right or to the left,
that you may be successful wherever you go.
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous.
Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged,
for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."
(Joshua 1:7, 9)

If I struggle with one thing more than others, it is trusting God to fulfill the dreams He has placed within my heart. And how do I know they are from Him, you ask? How do I know they are not just figments of my own imagination, or desires I myself have placed His Name upon in hopes that He will honor them? Well, it's simple. Because never in my wildest dreams would have been able to conjure them up. Because in my flesh, I never wanted anything less.

Take a look at the specificity of God's leading in Joshua's life, here in the first chapter of the book of Joshua:

"Moses my servant is dead. Now then, you and all these people, get ready to cross the Jordan River into the land I am about to give to them - to the Israelites. I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised Moses ... No one will be able to stand up against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you." (Joshua 1:2-3, 5)

Joshua knew what it was like to hear the voice of God, didn't he? God Himself is charging Joshua in this Scripture above, to approach the Promised Land with confidence. Charging Joshua to walk in complete assurance of faith that He is with him, by his side, and has no intention of leaving him. Ever.

Do we recognize that same truth in our lives today? How much more confidently would we approach that which God has called us to do, if we truly believed that He was by our side and had no intention of ever leaving us?

Are you taking God at His Word today?
Confidently approaching your future ...

No comments: