Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Established

"He also brought me up out of a horrible pit,
out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a Rock,
and established my steps."
Psalm 40:2

I have found myself captivated lately by the reality that God establishes our steps.   

To establish means to make firm or stable.   

The above Scripture was one I was led to a few nights ago while praying through some things.  

Just today, I was led to another verse that also touched on the concept of being established.  

"The steps of a man are established by the Lord;
And He delights in his way."
Psalm 37:23

Spurgeon says the following in reference to this particular Scripture: All his course of life is graciously ordained, and in lovingkindness all is fixed.  No fickle chance rules us; every step is the subject of divine decree (Psalms, Vol I, 149).

Is anyone else totally blown away by this reality?  We can trust that He has ordained, fashioned, and purposed our days.  

That's it for today.  Just a quick thought, but one I didn't feel should go unmentioned.  

Thank you, Jesus, that we can rest knowing that nothing in life happens by chance.
You have ordained, fashioned, and purposed our days.
In You ... We are established.

No comments: