Monday, April 9, 2012

Sitting Alone

"The LORD is good to those who wait on Him,
to the person who seeks Him.
It is good that he waits silently for the salvation of the LORD.
Let him sit alone and be silent since He has laid it on him."
Lamentations 3:25-26, 28

To wait.  To expect.  To hope for.  Common expressions ... Heavy concepts.  

I have found myself in a waiting period lately.  Contrary to other seasons of waiting however, this one has invited a distinct peace to accompany it.  Odd.  Good [and appreciated], but definitely not normal.  I often experience an intense longing during periods of waiting, and the longing this time has in some instances been stronger than ever, but the waiting has been sweet.  And peaceful.  

One thing I have learned during this particular season of waiting is how acceptable it is to sit alone in the silence.  To be absolutely comfortable walking this "waiting" with Jesus and Him alone.  I haven't felt the need to convince others in my life of God's plan or been driven to ask for their advice, though I have been blessed by it when their wisdom has been rooted in Scripture.

[Side Note: Be careful to not take the advice of anyone and everyone in your life.  Be discerning and ask yourself if that particular person who just gave you advice is in the Word or not. If not, be weary of basing your decisions on their advice. Just felt led to say that today.] 

Rather, I have been able to confidently share when given the opportunity that I am at ease in the waiting.  I do not say this pridefully as I have mentioned - this is not typical.  Ha!  God knows, I have at previous times been a total basketcase during these seasons, always wanting to know what is next on His agenda for my life.  

But today I have resolved to be OK in the waiting.  Because today ... 

I am enjoying the silence ... the seeking ... 
and the sitting alone.        

No comments: