Friday, November 2, 2012

Full of Thanks Friday: The next generation

"One generation shall praise Thy works to another,
and shall declare Thy mighty acts.

On the glorious splendor of Thy majesty,
and on Thy wonderful works, I will meditate.

And men shall speak of the power of Thine awesome acts;
and I will tell of Thy greatness."
Psalm 145:4-6

On this Full of Thanks Friday, I am finding myself especially thankful for the precious opportunity to influence the next generation for Jesus.  I am humbled.  And I recognize every single day that my son is a blessing and one that I certainly did not deserve ... 

My husband and I experienced a few disappointing miscarriages prior to my son's birth.  I share this with such fragile care, as I know so many women experience hurt and heartache regarding becoming pregnant.  

Not one day goes by that I am not humbled by the fact that God has blessed us with this little one.  But as I have mentioned before on this blog and at a recent speaking engagement -- After my second miscarriage, I resolved in my heart that I would trust God regardless of the outcome.  That I would trust God that I would become a mother.  Whether from my own womb or not.

God allowed my sweet little Hamilton to come into our lives.  But He did not have to.  And I am well aware of that.  Absolutely and fully aware.

So today ... I am thankful for him.  And I am thankful for the opportunity to influence the next generation for Jesus.  I long to praise His works to my son.  And I pray that Hamilton grows up to know and believe that our God is mighty and powerful and awesome, as the Scripture above states. 

I long to tell of His greatness.  Do you?

And here is a fun picture from our family photo shoot this afternoon.  Our little guy was worn slap out after all the pictures.  I know you're probably thinking it's terrible that I am posting a picture of my child looking so upset, but it really was actually a pretty humorous moment ...



Even in the "cranky" moments ... his mama is thankful :) 

What about you?  What are you thankful for on this Full of Thanks Friday?? 

No comments: