Friday, October 10, 2008

Past, Present, Future

I have been consumed by the past today. Do you ever have that problem? It's just been one of those days where I have been "stuck." Yuck. There are certain things in our lives that we convince ourselves we are O-V-E-R. Then one by one, they rear their ugly heads, and we realize for the one-billionth time, that no, we're really not O-V-E-R it and we need to get a G-R-I-P. What is the first thing that happens when we dwell on the past, girls? We begin to fear for our futures, don't we?

I found comfort in the familiar passage of Jeremiah 29 tonight. I was reminded that He knows the plans He has for me - for every single one of us. He wants to bless us. To speak His Victory over our lives. Because He's just that good.

"For I know the plans I have for you, " declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." (Jeremiah 29:11-13)

Just take a few moments and reflect on this Scripture today. Claim it. Believe it. Recognize that as a child of the Most High God, you have assurance for Victory in your future. Let's get O-V-E-R the past, and trust Him presently for our future.

No comments: