Friday, October 3, 2008

Rise Up

I have been so slack. I'm sorry. The Lord has been answering prayers left and right, and I am overflowing with things to write ... I just have not made the time. I'm going to make it a point this week to blog.

Every time I open my Bible lately, the Lord is speaking the importance of knowing His Wisdom. Allow these words to penetrate your heart today.

"Get wisdom, get understanding; do not forget my words or swerve from them. Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you. Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding. Esteem her, and she will exalt you; embrace her, and she will honor you. She will set a garland of grace on your head and present you with a crown of splendor." (Proverbs 4:5-9)

Solomon is the author of this Proverb, which is fitting considering I just read 1 Kings 3 where Solomon asks the Lord for a discerning heart and the wisdom of God (Do you see the common theme!?!?). I like what my Bible says in one of the footnotes: "What ranks above all else in God's economy is not a sharp mind but a discerning heart, the only thing Solomon asks God for when he becomes king. God praises and blesses Solomon for choosing such a spiritually meaningful gift" (Women of Faith Study Bible, p. 1023).

I do not believe it is simply coincidence that God has been teaching us about His Wisdom, in such a time as this. I believe He wants us to rise up ... gripping hold of His statutes, His knowledge, His foundational truths, so that we can know what we know, as women who are first and foremost followers of Christ. Being wise in the things of God is hard work, girls. It's out of the norm, and sometimes we have very few advocates. Guess what though? Too bad. It's required of us. We must know the things of God, and the only way to do that is by continuously (and I mean continuously), seeking Him. About everything. Every decision. Every issue. Every day.

I love you girls. Rise up and be women of the things of God. Desire Wisdom ... His Wisdom. You will be blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you wrote this... I've been getting the same thing in my readings! I think this is a time of challenge and trials for many of us and we could use all the reminders possible from scripture.