Saturday, October 25, 2008

A God of Miracles

Yesterday afternoon, a sweet woman walked into my office. She shared with me a story of healing, of God's specific physical intervention, in her younger brother's life. My eyes welled up with tears, and my heart was overwhelmed with the glory of our God. We indeed serve a God of miracles. I believe this woman was brought into my office yesterday as a means to remind us that our prayers matter to our God. That God is blessed by our faithfulness. That He loves it when we believe Him for things, when we acknowledge that He truly is capable of all things.

Psalm 77:14 says, "You are the God who performs miracles; You display Your power among the peoples."

Do you hear that? We serve a God who performs miracles. Do we utilize that power - maybe for those big circumstances, but what about on a daily basis? How often do we limit God's intervention in our lives? What are you currently praying for? Are you praying specifically? Really specifically?

Galatians 3:5 says, "Does God give you His Spirit and work miracles among you because you observe the law, or because you believe what you heard?"

Today, I want to pray to the God who performs miracles. I want to believe Him. Believe Him because of what I have heard, believe Him because of what He has done, believe Him because of who He is.

ARE YOU BELIEVING GOD FOR A MIRACLE TODAY?

Increase our faith, Lord! (Luke 17:5) May we expect miracles from You.

No comments: