Wednesday, February 11, 2009

In and Out of Season

So, I just got up off my face. Yes, literally. I has some pouring out of my soul to get over with. One of those journal entries I know I will look back on in about a week and go: "Yuuuck!" Yep. Immediately after this blatantly honest prayer time, I stood up and walked directly to this computer, logged onto Hints of Hope, and began working on a recent blog post. Weird, I thought. Weird that in the midst of complete inward chaos, I still wanted to share and write about the promises of God. I sat here and pondered that very thing for a few minutes, momentarily feeling a bit hypocritical, until ... I realized my daily flip calendar had not yet been flipped today. So, I flipped it ... and then, I no longer thought this whole episode to be so weird. Elizabeth George, says:

"A woman after God's own heart will not cease to yield fruit even in times of drought (Jeremiah 17:8) because of stored-up nourishment from God Himself, she will be like a tree of life - producing in and sometimes even out of season (Psalm 1:3)."

I have listed these particular verses below:

Jeremiah 17:8 - "(She) will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit."

Psalm 1:3 - "(She) is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever (she) does prospers."

Consistently seeking God, will yield prosperous and fruitful results - regardless of how we may be "feeling." When we seek Him with consistency, He firms us up in His Word, preparing us to be effective in whatever type of season we find ourselves in. In whatever circumstance we are faced with.

I want to be a fruitful tree - even when I'm having "Yuuuck!" moments. Don't you?

No comments: