Sunday, February 8, 2009

Victory Chant!

Ok, I am in retreat-planning mode. I can hardly afford to take a 5 minute break, but I absolutely cannot help it. I just had to share this with y'all ... I thought it was so precious of our God to bring this to my attention tonight.

I am teaching on 1 Samuel 1-2:11 for this particular retreat. In my studying tonight, I was cross-referenced from 1 Samuel 1:17 to Psalm 20:3-5.

As we approach 1 Samuel 1:17, Hannah has just finished bearing her wounded soul before the Lord. Eli the Priest witnesses Hannah's 'soul surrender,' if you will, and in his final words to Hannah, he says:

"Go in peace, and may the God of Israel grant you what you have asked of Him."

One of my best friends was having a pretty darn rough day last week. I told her I was going to be her Eli. I recited 1 Samuel 1:17 above to her, and encouraged her to respond like Hannah, accepting the blessing and walking off in belief.

Now, I thought I was just being cute. But will you just take a look at Psalm 20:3-5?!

"May He remember all your sacrifices and accept your burnt offerings. May He give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed. We will shout for joy when you are victorious and will lift up our banners in the name of our God. May the Lord grant all your requests."

There are certain prayers that I am waiting on God to fulfill. They are the longings of my heart. We all have them, don't we? Certain longings that only God can fulfill - Prayers of our heart that will be answered by our God, but will take nothing short of a miracle. When God answers those prayers, I pray in the Name of Jesus that He gives me the opportunity to watch how the people in my life who have prayed for me, respond to the news that God has indeed come through. When they hear of the victory my God has brought in these areas of my life, I want to see them lifting up their banners in the Name of our God. I want to see them shout for joy ... not just for the answered prayer ... but (most of all) for the God who answered the prayer.

I just got all excited about that, y'all! It's about God bringing the victory - And when He does, it's about giving Him all the praise and honor He so deserves. God reminded me tonight of 2 of my sweet friends who have had great victory in their lives through God's answering. I shouted for joy all over again for God's granting of their desires!

Listen to me: I pray that God will grant you the desires of your heart. I pray that He will remember your obedience and your earnest seeking, and that in His time, He will grant all your holy requests. I want to shout for joy in regard to God's victories in your life, right along with you! I pray you are exceedingly abundantly blessed, my sister (Ephesians 3:20).

I'm so using this at the retreat. (Shh ... don't tell.)

Now, go lift up your banner in the Name of your God ...
and maybe throw in a Victory Chant, while you're at it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GIRL! How awesome is that verse! I am so thankful that the Lord brought that to your attention tonight! I am so excited to see what the Lord has in store for you! You I will be singing praise to my God and dancing when your prayers are answered! God is so good! Oh how I love Him! See you in the morning! :)