Friday, October 30, 2009

A different kind of morning

This girls, is how I began my day today ...

No lie.

My husband woke me up very early this morning to take me to his hometown to learn how to shoot a gun. We picked Kyle [above] up on the way and headed for the field. Even stopped at Biscuitville on the way. Pretty sure that chicken biscuit and sweet tea were my motivation for getting out of bed. Oh, and I got to hear Jim Bob from the Duggar family on His Radio, which really got me pumped up on this brisk mornin'. I love those people. They are going to be at Biltmore Baptist Church this weekend in Western NC. Have no idea where that is, but I wanna goooo!

So, 4 guns, about 45 minutes and some dirty cowboy boots later, we loaded up and headed back to the big city. [Ahem, Raleigh.] I went home, curled my hair and headed off to work. It's back to reality.

The point of this morning? Not so sure. I guess it's a guy thing. They want their women able to defend themselves, if need be. One thing I do know is that I made my husband proud. What more could a girl want?

4 comments:

Jenny Lynn said...

dude!
way fun :)

BA said...

Go Heather, I love it! Anything to make your hubby proud! Love you.

Cara said...

You go girl!!! ;)

Aust said...

Girl you look all natural!! HAHA! I love it and I love that you are back to blogging! Love you!