Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Pleasure of His Presence

"It is my pleasure to tell you about the miraculous signs and wonders that the Most High God has performed for me. How great are His signs, how mighty His wonders! His kingdom is an eternal kingdom; his dominion endures from generation to generation." (Daniel 4:2-3)

We have been studying the book of Daniel in my Tuesday morning Bible study. A very intricate and historic book in the Bible. One thing I have loved is the vivid presence of the Almighty God throughout the book of Daniel. He makes His presence known everywhere - in dreams, visions, lion's dens, kingdoms, in blazing furnaces ...

What has God done in your life lately? How has our great and mighty God acted on your behalf? Where has He showed up?

I recently saw a facebook post from a friend of mine who I used to work with in ministry. She asked her friends to comment on how they practiced the presence of God in their daily lives. Practical ways of experiencing the presence of God on a daily basis. Some people commented on how they practically incorporate praising God into their daily routine. Others how they set aside a specific spot to spend with the Lord - even when traveling. Others mentioned personal prayer habits they have formed.

Friends, our God so desires to be wrapped up into our daily lives. To be present all day, everyday, in every situation. How I praise God for showing me through the book of Daniel, how very present He is in our lives. It has made me so acutely aware of the presence of God in my daily life.

So, how has He vividly declared His presence in your life lately? Has he fulfilled a dream of yours? Rescued you out of a blazing fiery circumstance? Given you boldness to speak up for Truth?

May it be our absolute pleasure to share with others,
how very Present our God is.

No comments: