Thursday, September 30, 2010

Thought of the Day

My love and I headed to breakfast this morning at one of our favorite little downtown spots.  And as I pondered over what to order, this little play on words handwritten at the bottom of the menu caught my attention:




THOUGHT OF THE DAY: Feed your faith and your doubts will starve to death. 

Absolutely remarkable what power is found within these simple words on a rugged Big Ed's menu this mornin'.  

This 'Thought of the Day' reminded me of something I recently read:

"And again: We fight by faith.  Ephesians, sixth chapter, verse sixteen: 'Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.'  Every dart Satan can fire at us we can quench by faith.  By faith we can overcome the Evil One.  To fear is to have more faith in your antagonist than in Christ" (D.L. Moody, The Overcoming Life, emphasis mine).  

Read that twice.  It's a powerful reminder of all that is ours in Christ Jesus.  

May this 'Thought of the Day' ... 
Be yours today.

No comments: