Sunday, November 28, 2010

1 Corinthians Bible Study: Week Three Update

Hi my friends!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  I definitely did - Precious time with family, lots of great food, and a trip to the mountains with friends this weekend to chop down our Christmas tree.  Now I just have to find time to decorate it!  My husband actually allowed me the honor of picking out our tree this year and has already announced that I have lost the privilege of ever picking out another tree from this point forward.  I promise it didn't look that scrawny in that big ol' field!

Let me get to the important stuff: 1 Corinthians Bible Study.  I have heard from several people participating that this week has been extremely busy and they are not caught up on Week Two.  Due to the busy holiday weekend, I am going to give everyone an extra week to finish up Week Two's Bible Study: 1 Corinthians 1:18 - 2.  We will do this same thing the week of Christmas, but I will be sure to send out a reminder closer to that time.

For those of you who may be right on target with all of your reading and studying, I would like you to take this week to reflect on all you have read.  A friend suggested that this would be a good week to read through 1 Corinthians chapters 1 & 2 in another translation.  For example, if you are doing your study in the NIV Bible, then perhaps you will take your time this week reading through these chapters in The Message paraphrase or the New American Standard Bible or the New Living Translation.  I have included links here for 1 Corinthians 1 & 2 at the Bible Gateway website.

We will pick back up next Monday with the video summary and the new Reading Guide for Chapter 3.

Also, if you would take this week to leave a comment on last week's video session post regarding what the Lord showed you through your study of 1 Corinthians 1:1-17 (Week 1), that would be awesome.  Or you can comment on this particular post with what God has taught you so far through your study of the first 2 chapters of 1 Corinthians.

I love you all and am blessed by each one of you.  Praying each one of you will find time to rest in the Word this week.

"For the word of the cross is to those who are perishing foolishness,
but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."
(1 Corinthians 1:18, NASB, emphasis mine)

1 comment:

Beth Anne said...

This whole section of study for the past two weeks has really made me think about my identity and my motivations. I absolutely love thinking that God has given us His Spirit to give us wisdom and to strengthen us - always at just the right time! It humbles me like crazy and reminds me that everything good in me, comes from Him. Praise the Lord!