Monday, December 6, 2010

Week 3: 1st Corinthians Bible Study


1 Corinthians Message Two: Satisfied by our Savior from Heather Neese on Vimeo.

Good 'Monday' morning, sweet friends.

How exciting is this time of year?  Can you believe we had snow in Raleigh this weekend?!

Ok, so the key to not looking like you have two black eyes is to film videos on your MacBook Pro during daylight!  Clearly I just learned that lesson the hard way, as I was editing.  You would think that all the overhead lights and the lamps would suffice, but nope! P.S. I still feel like a giant weirdo on this camera -- in case you were wondering.  But I love you Hints of Hope-rs and I am so thankful for you -- So only for you!  Just remember that.

1 Corinthians 1:18-2:16 was such a great reminder to me that:

I. The wisdom of the world will forsake us.

BUT ... 

II. The wisdom of God will satisfy us.

That we truly can be Satisfied by our Savior.  Paul's message to the Corinthians serves as a warning to us - A warning to heed: To find satisfaction in our Savior, instead of the world. 

I'm having a difficult time narrowing down some of these Scripture passages on the summary video.  I just wish we could all meet in my living room and have a lengthy discussion each week about all the intricacies of Scripture.  I can dream, right? 

I am praying for you all as you embark upon your third week of study (really the fourth, but in order to not confuse my little pea brain we're going to refer to it as the third, k? K.).

Week 3 Reading Guide
Day 1 - 1 Corinthians 3:1-4
Day 2 - 1 Corinthians 3:5-9

Day 3 - 1 Corinthians 3:10-15
Day 4 - 1 Corinthians 3:16-17
Day 5 - 1 Corinthians 3:18-23

And again, here are the 3-steps for each day's reading:



Step One: Learn from the Word.
Simply list the facts from the Scripture you read. Do not paraphrase, using your own words. Simply list the important facts. 



Step Two: Listen to the Word.
What do you believe God is saying to His people through this Scripture? Is there a warning, a promise, a command, a challenge, an encouragement? Draw a spiritual truth out of this passage.



Step Three: Live out the Word.
Take the spiritual truth from Step Two and make it personal, by turning it into the form of a question -- a question directed at yourself, leaving time for personal reflection.



Additional Study Questions:
Day 1: Am I ready to rise up to the next level in my walk with God?
Day 2: What opportunities is God entrusting me with currently in order to fulfill His purposes?
Day 3: Do I believe that God is the one responsible for changing lives?
Day 4: Do I believe that God views me as holy?  Do I realize I'm protected by Him?
Day 5: Am I living as though I am a child of God? 

No comments: