Monday, December 13, 2010

Week 4: 1st Corinthians Bible Study


Hi Fellow 1 Corinthians girls!

I hope your week of reading chapter 3 was encouraging and challenging. 

I have listed the reading guide below for you. 

I am typing this at 12:01 AM from the airport in DC.  Our plane is now 2 hours delayed due to snow in Charlotte??    This is way past my bad time – I am completely delirious at this point.  Absolutely nothing is open.  My friend Jenny is next to me playing with a puzzle on her phone (???) and I’m pretty sure my husband just plopped down beside a stranger and asked if he could read their magazine.  We’ve lost her husband.  We’re hoping he is not being arrested at this very moment because he asked TSA for a body scan.  Oh ok, he’s back and he just delivered great news: “They just took us (RDU) off the board all together.”  Perfect!  Maybe we’ll get to stay the night – That would be fabulous …

Needless to say, because I’m sitting in the airport at now 12:08 AM, the video will not be able to be uploaded this evening.  I will try to get it on here by Monday evening.  Thanks for being patient on this.  I did want you to have your reading guide so that you can get started on chapter 4.

Blessings to you as you dive into the Word!  Love you women. 

Week 4 Reading Guide
Day 1 - 1 Corinthians 4:1-5
Day 2 - 1 Corinthians 4:6-9
Day 3 - 1 Corinthians 4:10-13
Day 4 - 1 Corinthians 4:14-17
Day 5 - 1 Corinthians 4:18-21

And again, here are the 3-steps for each day's reading:

Step One: Learn from the Word.
Simply list the facts from the Scripture you read. Do not paraphrase, using your own words. Simply list the important facts. 

Step Two: Listen to the Word.
What do you believe God is saying to His people through this Scripture? Is there a warning, a promise, a command, a challenge, an encouragement? Draw a spiritual truth out of this passage.

Step Three: Live out the Word.
Take the spiritual truth from Step Two and make it personal, by turning it into the form of a question -- a question directed at yourself, leaving time for personal reflection.  

No comments: