Monday, December 20, 2010

Week 5: 1st Corinthians Bible Study


The Empowered Life from Heather Neese on Vimeo.

Hi Ladies!

I have attached the new video, as well as this week's reading guide and study questions. We will not have a video next Monday, December 27. You will have 2 weeks to complete Chapter 5's reading and studying. We will pick back up on Monday, January 3.


Here is the outline for this week's video:

The Empowered Life 
The 4 Truths God is asking us to commit to:
1 Corinthians 4


I. Recognizing His Position
II. Remembering our Possession
III. Removing all Pride
IV. Reclaiming our Purpose

Week 5 Reading Guide
Day 1 - 1 Corinthians 5:1-2
Day 2 - 1 Corinthians 5:3-5
Day 3 - 1 Corinthians 5:6-8
Day 4 - 1 Corinthians 5:9-10
Day 5 - 1 Corinthians 5:11-13

Don't forget your 3 Steps! Learn from the Word. Listen to the Word. Live out the Word.

Step One: Learn from the Word.
Simply list the facts from the Scripture you read. Do not paraphrase, using your own words. Simply list the important facts. 

Step Two: Listen to the Word.
What do you believe God is saying to His people through this Scripture? Is there a warning, a promise, a command, a challenge, an encouragement? Draw a spiritual truth out of this passage.

Step Three: Live out the Word.
Take the spiritual truth from Step Two and make it personal, by turning it into the form of a question -- a question directed at yourself, leaving time for personal reflection.

Additional Study Questions:
Day 1: Do I understand that as a believer my life is associated with the Name of Jesus, and because of that I am held to a higher standard than the world?
Day 2: Do I choose to ignore when other believers are walking against Truth, or do I have the boldness to speak the Truth in love?
Day 3: Am I making an intentional effort to keep my life pure, recognizing that if I do not, it will impact the body of Christ?
Day 4: Is ministering to an unsaved world a priority in my life?
Day 5: What in my life am I deeming acceptable that is really contrary to what the Bible says? 


May your study over the next two weeks be both challenging and encouraging!

Blessings to you, friends.

1 comment:

Cara Craver said...

I'll admit, I am a little behind. But this has blessed me so much! Thank you for your devotion! I lead a high school girls group and I have been sharing bits and pieces with them...and we may just dive into this study as a group beginning in January!!

Love ya! Merry Christmas!
- Cara