Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Attributes of God: Exceedingly Abundantly More

"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly
above all we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,
to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations,
forever and ever, Amen."
(Ephesians 3:20-21, NKJV)

This has to be one of my most favorite verses in the New Testament.  I love the mere power in it - the power of our God ... the power of the Cross ... the power in us as believers in Jesus.  Oh, if I could grab a hold of that power in my life everyday, all day, how would life be different?  To have the confident assurance that my God is able ... All the time, in every circumstance.  

I am praising God today for being Exceedingly Abundantly More than I can ask or think.  And not only is He Exceedingly Abundantly More than all I can ask or think, He desires far greater for my life than I can imagine in my human mind.  His plans are totally inconceivable.  I want to know the power of this Exceedingly Abundantly More God in my life every single day.  I desire to know seek Your purposes, Lord.  I know that if I operate in my own strength, this life of mine will be lived in vain.  You, Jesus, have proved to be far more than what I could have ever asked for or even thought of.  You have become my substance, my satisfaction, the One I desire to seek ... over and over again.  I am grateful for Your promises today.  I am in awe that I serve a God who is Exceedingly Abundantly MORE ... than anything else in this world.

What about you?

Are you praising Him for His Excellence?  Are you thanking Him for being the Exalted One?  Are you Excited about His amazing ability to work in and through you?  

"God can do anything, you know - far more than you could ever imagine
or guess or request in your wildest dreams!
He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us,
His Spirit deeply and gently within us.

Glory to God in the church!
Glory to God in the Messiah, in Jesus!
Glory down all the generations!
Glory through all millennia!"

(Ephesians 3:20-21, The Message)

No comments: