Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Attributes of God: My Victory

"O Death, where is your victory? O Death, where is your sting?
The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law;
but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory
through our Lord Jesus Christ."
(1 Corinthians 15:55-57)

The Lord has won great victories for me.  For us.  I am praising God today for being victorious over my sin, my shame, and my shortcomings.  I am praising God today for having victory over my failures, my flaws, and all of my frailties.  I am praising God today for having victory over my insecurity, my insufficiency, and all of my inferiority.  Nothing in this life will ever bring me the victory that my Jesus can bring.  Everything - absolutely everything else - falls short.  With Him we will win the victory. Thank You, Lord, for the victory I have in You.  Thank You for having victory over the grave, over sin, and over our enemy.  Death is swallowed up in Your Victory!    

What about you?

Are you praising Him today for His Voice?  Are you thanking Him for being Victorious?  For being your Vindicator?  

"For whatever is born of God overcomes the world;
and this is the victory that has overcome the world - our faith."
(1 John 5:4)

Victory for the Lamb:
"These will wage war against the Lamb, 
and the Lamb will overcome them,
because He is Lord of lords and King of kings,
and those who are with Him are called the chosen and faithful."
(Revelation 17:14)

"With God we will gain the victory,
and He will trample down our enemies."
(Psalm 60:12)

No comments: