Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Stay Alert

My devotion from Jesus Calling this morning read the following:

Let me help you get through this day.  There are many possible paths to travel between your getting up in the morning and your lying down at night.  Stay alert to the many choice-points along the way, being continually aware of my Presence.

I have struggled lately to find time for everything.  I was convicted this morning as I prayed "Lord, please help me to find time to fit everything in," that what I really needed to pray was "Lord, please help me to focus on the things that are most important."  

Haven't you heard it said: What you spend your time doing, is what you will become ?    

What are you spending your time doing?  

"For the ways of a man are before the eyes of the LORD, and He watches all his paths."
(Proverbs 5:21)

Scripture is telling us that we will be held accountable for how we spend our time.  Our ways are before Him.  He is pleased when we are disciplined in our daily activities, duties, and callings!  

Just a quick word this morning - Possibly one that you didn't need, but I sure did!

Jesus, Thank You for Your Word.  We know, according to 1 Timothy 3:16 that all Scripture is God-breathed and useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.  Please help us today to stay alert ... To choose to focus our attention on the things that are most important - both the mundane things and the extraordinary things.  I pray that our daily discipline can become a beautiful offering to You, Father.  May the reality that Your eyes are always upon us, strengthen and encourage us to focus our attention on the things You have called us to this very day.   

No comments: