Saturday, November 28, 2009

Above All Things

I love this time of year! 45 degrees on a November morning certainly calls for a lit-up fireplace in my home. I curled up on the couch this morning with my Bible, some coffee and the dog at my feet and enjoyed some quiet time with my God next to the fire. My heart is overflowing with thankfulness to Him. I am absolutely overcome by His perfection in the delivery of His promises - both in His Word and in our lives today. I experience periods of time where my heart seems to be overflowing with passion for Him. It cannot be explained and it cannot be extinguished. I am forever grateful to Him for igniting a fire in my heart for His Word.

Girls, whatever you are going through, I assure you that His Word has the answer. Open it, read it, and allow the Spirit of God to sift it straight through your heart. I promise you, if you abide in His Word, you will be forever changed. God's Word will be engrained in your core. And your dependency on God will be evident and obvious in a world that is so broken.

In my own time in the Word this morning, I came across the following passage of Scripture:

Psalm 138:2-3 (ESV) - "I bow down toward Your holy temple and give thanks to Your Name for Your steadfast love and Your faithfulness, for You have exalted above all things Your Name and Your Word. On the day I called, You answered me; my strength of soul You increased."

Above all things, His Name and His Word are exalted. There is power in the Name of Jesus ... And there is power in the Word of God.

Allow Him to ignite a fire in your heart for His Word ...
A fire that cannot be extinguished.

No comments: