Monday, February 7, 2011

Week 11: 1st Corinthians Bible Study


1 Corinthians 11 from Heather Neese on Vimeo.

Hello Fellow Sojourners!

What an interesting time I've had studying 1 Corinthians chapter 11. We learn from the Scripture we read this week that we absolutely must place Christ in the proper position. If we do not place Him high and lifted above all else, how will we ever successfully imitate Him? And if we cannot successfully imitate our Savior, then how will we win others for the sake of the Cross?

In this particular chapter, Paul also encourages believers to take the things of God seriously. And in a world that unfortunately treats the things of God with such irreverence, we too must be reminded of the holiness of our God. Of the holiness of the things associated with our God. Don't you think?

And for me 1st Corinthians chapter 11 did just that.  It acted as a reminder to me to:

1. Place Christ in the proper position.
2. Keep holy the things of God. 

And for you, this chapter may have brought something totally different and wonderful to your mind.  And if so, I would love to hear it!

For this next week, we will read 2 chapters: 1 Corinthians 12 & 13, with a total of 44 verses.  We can do this!

Reading Guide
Day 1 - 1 Corinthians 12: 1-11
Day 2 - 1 Corinthians 12: 12-25
Day 3 - 1 Corinthians 12: 26-31
Day 4 - 1 Corinthians 12: 1-12
Day 5 - 1 Corinthians 13: 9-13

Additional Study Questions
Day 1 - According to this text, what is the purpose of spiritual gifts?   
Day 2 - Do I recognize that God ordains the members of His body to be used as He desires?
Day 3 - What am I earnestly desiring?  Individual gifts or God Himself?
Day 4 - Am I truly displaying Christ's love, or have I become like a noisy gong or clanging cymbal - talking the talk, but not walking the walk?
Day 5 - Have I put aside my childish ways or am I still reverting back to them?  Am I maturing in Christ - daily growing in Him?

May your time in the Word this week be blessed!

No comments: