Thursday, December 15, 2011

Through His Word

"But know this first of all, 
that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation,
for no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, 
but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God."
(2 Peter 1:20-21)

I wrote last week about a Scripture that I felt inclined in my heart to pass along to a family member of mine.   

Do you know that the next day he called to tell me that same exact Scripture was the Scripture verse in His devotion that morning? 

Hebrews 4:12 tells us that the Word of God is living and active.  All Scripture is inspired by God, according to 2 Timothy 3:16-17.  It is useful for guiding us through life, for warning us, for reminding us of God's promises, for rebuking the enemy, for equipping us to serve in the areas God has called us to ... 

God uses His Word to speak to us, ladies.  That's the bottom line.  You and I have an unbelievable opportunity to hear from God in our daily lives.  We know that as believers God works through the circumstances of our lives, but if we just rely on seeing Him through the circumstances, we will miss out on so much of what He has for us.  

I am praising God today that He used His Holy Spirit to speak into the lives of mere men and because of that, you and I today have the privilege of knowing God deeper ...

... through His Word.

No comments: