Monday, March 2, 2009

Shiloh Praise Report!

“May He remember all your sacrifices and accept your burnt offerings. May He give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed. We will shout for joy when you are victorious and will lift up our banners in the name of our God. May the Lord grant all your requests.”
~ Psalm 20:3-5 ~

Dearest Shiloh Sisters,

What a joy and privilege it was to serve in your midst this past weekend. We all have those certain things that just make our hearts leap for joy. For me, a room full of women with their Bibles open on their laps, a pen in hand and an open heart – That does it for me. I have chills just thinking about it! To know that we serve a God who speaks profoundly and personally to us through His Word, is just too much for me to handle. O Lord, “what is man that You are mindful of him?” (Psalm 8:4)

A short list of my highlighted praises for the weekend:

Beautiful Blessings on Friday Night: Gripping onto one another, believing God for miracles and victory in each others lives – I loved watching you all bless each other in the Name of Jesus. May we adopt that biblical example as a daily practice.

Sacred Surrender on Saturday Morning: My eyes welled up with tears as that first piece of paper went through the shredder. I believe it was Stephanie’s. I wanted to shout Hallelujah! (I refrained, as I thought it might be slightly distracting in the midst of the quiet and reflective mood Amanda had so perfectly set …) May we continue to surrender, to see ourselves as God sees us, to believe Him for big answers, and to commit to His plans.

Precious Sharing on Saturday Night: Allison shared a few verses from our Saturday morning devotion - Psalm 145:15-16: “The eyes of all look to You, and You give them their food at the proper time. You open Your hand and satisfy the desires of every living thing.” I loved listening to you share your victories. And as both Tricia and Trisha confirmed during that same sharing time, our God really does give us what we need, when we need it – Doesn’t He? He satisfies us … at the proper time. May we cling to that. He is our Supplier … Our Satisfier.

And of course … The games, the talking, the laughing, the eating, the setting up and the tearing down, and the delirious moments (most of which were shared amidst my roommates for the weekend) … Completely irreplaceable.

I adore each one of you. Thank you for your partnership in advancing the Gospel of Jesus. I am having an absolute blast loving Him with you.

May you continue to find Joy in Surrender … and Victory in the Lord.

Straight from my heart,

Heather

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww I love the picture!! Praise the Lord for a great weekend! I am so thankful for all of the women at The Creek! To God be ALL the Glory!

Jamie Thompson-Wood said...

Praising God with you Heath!! He is so GOOD.

Ashley said...

Thank you for your obedience to Christ in accepting and planning this retreat. I am so excited to see a young lady love God's Word so much! HE is seen through you!