Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Totally Unashamed

"I said to the Lord, 'You are my Lord;
Apart from you I have no good thing.' "
(Psalm 16:2)

My husband's sweet 83-year old "Granny" went on to be with Jesus late last week. As we sat in the church pews yesterday morning and heard reflections of her life, filled with sweet memories for the family, I was overcome with emotion as the Pastor over and over again stressed the importance of knowing Jesus as our personal Lord and Savior. Just as Granny did. The importance of knowing Jesus and following Him ...


The importance of being totally unashamed of the Gospel.

I do not think I am reminded nearly enough - in this over-stimulated world we live within - that this is not the end. That this world is not home. That we will one day be in complete glory, praising our God for the rest of eternity. And that this world will completely pale in comparison to the Greatness of our God.

All of this caused a pause in my soul.

Am I living for Christ - every single day? Am I clinging to this world or longing for the next? Am I committed to living out the Gospel of Jesus Christ - regardless of the criticism, fear of failure, or mocking I may face?

Just a short post today, but my heart is heavy over my own self-absorbed life. May we be encouraged to live for His glory and His alone. Totally unashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile." (Romans 1:16)

Apart from You, Lord ... I have no good thing.
Help me to live my life totally unashamed.

1 comment:

Love Being A Nonny said...

Granny had it right. I pray to be SOLD OUT to the one who SOLD OUT for me.