Monday, November 17, 2008

Baby Emily Jane

One of my best friends is in labor right now. She is like an older sister to me, so I feel especially connected to this particular delivery. Michele arrived at the hospital this morning at 7:00 for an induction. This baby girl has been long awaited for. Little does she know that she has 2 big brothers who are dying to get their hands on her. To show her their secret hiding spot, her pretty pink bathroom, and most of all, to update her on all the new trailor hitches and tonka trucks she has been missing out on throughout the past 5 years. Something tells me that I am pretty sure she will have a few things to teach them, as well. And praise the Lord for this new addition, because that home needed some pink, if I do say so myself. That girly mama needs someone to support her cause, to advocate the necessity of the color pink and some sparkle around that brand new farmhouse. The camoflauge has reached it's limit, I do believe (unless of course, it's pink camo we're talking about). Baby Emily Jane is already so very blessed.

Psalm 139:13-16:

"For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be."

The Maker and Creator of the universe is the same One who forms the inmost, or deepest, aspect of who we are as individuals. Such knowledge is too wonderful and lofty for me to attain! (Psalm 139:6).

Our God knits us together - He places in us all of our hopes, dreams, ambitions. He forms us with individual and unique personalities, likes, and dislikes. He creates each one of us with individual talents and gifts, suited for our particular generation. The above passage states that all of the days of our lives were ordained, or appointed, before they even happened into existence. He is just so ... detailed. It's totally beyond my comprehension.

Father God, Bless this baby girl. Create in her an undivided heart at a very young age, that she may fear Your Name (Psalm 86:11). Your hands made and formed Emily Jane. We are trusting You to give her understanding to learn Your commands (Psalm 119:73).

Meditate on the specificity of your God today. You are here for a purpose - He has an intricate design for your individual life. Ask Him to reveal to You what that plan looks like, to fill you in on the details. After all, He owns the blueprint.

Anxiously Awaiting,
Heather

No comments: