Sunday, January 4, 2009

Stiff-Arming Sin

Some profound words spoken this morning from our Teaching Pastor, Matt Hahn. He preached on the life of Joseph from Genesis 39. I'm going to do a re-cap because I just thought it was that good.

What can we learn about the character of God in the midst of trial?

I. In the midst of trial, God is with us - He is ever-present.
II. In the midst of trial, God is worthy of our obedience.
III. In the midst of trial, God has a plan.

He brought that message home with the following statement ...

"When I think about the death of Jesus on the cross ...
I am more compelled to stiff-arm sin in the face, and run toward obedience."

Amen. Amen. AMEN. Because that, my girls, is what happens when we seek God - in the valleys and on the mountaintops. We begin to hate sin, and a desire for obedience rules our hearts - for the sake of Christ.

Happy Lord's day! Oh, and I haven't told you yet, but Happy New Year! I pray 2009 will be a year of blessing. I pray that you will experience God's remarkable and irreplaceable presence in your life, this year - more than ever before.

No comments: