Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Attributes of God: The One who Satisfies

"You open your hand and satisfy the desires of every living thing."
(Psalm 145:16)

If there is one thing I am more passionate about than most, it is this very thing.  He is the One who Satisfies.  Time and time again the Lord has taught me this truth, and most of the time I have had to learn it the hard way.  We can search high and low for fulfillment upon this earth, but hear me out -- We will never know true satisfaction until we experience it through our Savior.  He longs to do more than save us -- He longs to satisfy our souls through a deep and intimate relationship with Himself. 

I am so blessed by You, Lord.  Thank You for taking me on a journey to satisfaction.  You started the journey several years ago and though it will not be complete until I am on the other side of heaven, I have begun to taste the fulfillment of being satisfied by You.  And I never, ever, ever want to turn back.  You truly are the One who Satisfies

What about you?

Are you thankful today for His Sacrifice? For His Salvation?  Are you grateful for His Sanctification process?  Are you praising Him today for being your Savior?  Your Source of Strength?  Your Steadfast God?  Perhaps you are thankful today for His Strength ... His Spirit ... His Splendor? 

"Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love,
that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days."
(Psalm 90:14)

"Why spend money on what is not bread,
and your labor on what does not satisfy?
Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good,
and you will delight in the richest of fare."
(Isaiah 55:2)

"The LORD will guide you always;
He will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land
and will strengthen your frame. 
You will be like a well-watered garden,
like a spring whose waters never fail."
(Isaiah 58:11)

"I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint."
(Jeremiah 31:25)

No comments: