Thursday, May 19, 2011

Attributes of God: Teacher

"God is exalted in His power.
Who is a teacher like Him?"
(Job 36:22)

I am praising Him today for being our greatest Teacher.  So much of the time I long for instruction in my life.  You, Lord, are where I will find the ultimate answers.  Thank You for giving us Your Word -- May we continue to glean wisdom from You through it.  Just as Job states, Who is a teacher like You?  There are many in this world who will try to steer our paths, but it is You who we can rely on to lead and guide us.  Thank You for the wisdom and knowledge You bless us with as we surrender to Your leadership.  Continue to teach me, Lord.  Don't ever give up on me ...

What about you?

Are you praising Him today for the way He has Transformed your life?  Are you thanking Him for the Treasure you have in Christ?  What battle has He Triumphed for you?  Do you simply Tremble at His Word?  Are you thankful that He alone is Truth?  Are you praising Him that He is Trustworthy - all the time, every day? 

"Show me Your ways, LORD, teach me Your paths.
Guide me in Your truth and teach me, for You are God my Savior,
and my hope is in You all day long."
(Psalm 25:4-5)

"He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them His way."
(Psalm 25:9)

"Teach me Your way, Lord ... "
(Psalm 27:11)

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will counsel you with my loving eye on you."
(Psalm 32:8)

"Accept, LORD, the willing praise of my mouth,
and teach me Your laws."
(Psalm 119:108)

"When Jesus had finished saying these things,
the crowds were amazed at his teaching,
because he taught as one who had authority,
and not as their teachers of the law."
(Matthew 7:28-29)

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking,
correcting and training in righteousness."
(2 Timothy 3:16)

No comments: