Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Attributes of God: The Potter

"Yet, O LORD, You are our Father.
We are the clay, You are the potter;
we are all the work of Your hand."
(Isaiah 64:8)

I am praising God today for being the Potter.  How deliberate He is as He leads us in and through life.  Thank you, Jesus, for reminding me through Your Word that I am not to question your leadership and guidance - I am simply to submit out of reverence to You as my Almighty God.  Because if there's one thing I'm sure of, Lord, it is that You have it all mapped out.  You are the Potter .... And I am the clay.  Mold my life in the way You desire.  Shape it in a way that will bring You much glory.  May I be pliable, Lord - Yielding readily unto Your will.  Leave me not the way I am ... 

What about you?

Are you praising Him today for Purpose?  Are you thanking Him for His Provision, Protection, Patience?  Is He your Prince of Peace?  The Promise keeper?  Are you overwhelmed by His Presence?  Is He Precious to you? 

"You turn things upside down,
as if the potter were thought to be like the clay!
Shall what is formed say to him who formed it,
'He did not make me'?
Can the pot say of the potter,
'He knows nothing'?"
(Isaiah 29:16)

No comments: