Friday, May 13, 2011

Attributes of God: Quieter of my soul

"The LORD your God is with you,
He is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing."
(Zephaniah 3:17)


Today I am praising God for being the Quieter of my soul. Do you ever find yourself in complete chaos? Maybe it's not even outward chaos, but that of the soul. Negative thoughts running rampant, doubts settling it, anxiety getting the best of you ...


"I have no peace, no quietness; I have no rest, but only turmoil." (Job 3:26)


Scripture tells us that our God has the ability to quiet us. He has the ability to calm our anxious souls, to bring us to a place of security. How I praise Him for proving Himself over and over again to be the Quieter of my soul.


What about you?


Are you praising Him for being a God who comes Quickly when you call? Are you thankful that His love for you cannot be Quenched? Amazed that at the sound of His Name the enemy Quivers?


"But I have stilled and quieted my soul;
like a weaned child with its mother,
like a weaned child is my soul within me."
(Psalm 131:2)

"The fruit of that righteousness will be peace;
its effect will be quietness and confidence forever."
(Isaiah 32:17)

"He leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul."
(Psalm 23:2,3)

No comments: