Thursday, March 25, 2010

Psalm 139: Day 2

Good Morning Bible Study girls! [I need a new name for y'all.]

For day 2, I'm going to focus on verses 5-10 of Psalm 139.

*For those of you wondering what I'm talking about, read yesterday's post. Please join us in studying Psalm 139 this week, if you're up for it!

**Click here to once again refresh yourself on this method of studying the Bible.

Psalm 139:5 - "You hem me in - behind and before; You have laid your hand upon me."
Step 1: You hem me in. Your hand laid upon me.
Step 2: God is in our past, our present, and in our future.
Step 3: Do I trust that God has forgiven me for my past? Is with me in the present? And has my future in His hands?

Psalm 139:6 - "Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain."
Step 1: Such knowledge is too wonderful and lofty for me.
Step 2: We cannot even come close to grasping the love and greatness of Christ.
Step 3: Am I amazed at the love and greatness of Christ in my day-to-day life?

Psalm 139:7 - "Where can I go from Your Spirit? Where can I flee from Your presence?"
Step 1: Where can I go from Your Spirit or presence?
Step 2: God is everywhere.
Step 3: Do I recognize God's presence in my daily life? Do I feel Him near me? How would I live differently if I realized He is always with me?

Psalm 139:8 - "If I go up to the heavens, You are there; If I make my bed in the depths, You are there.
Step 1: Heavens, in the depths - You are there.
Step 2: God is present in our victories and in our hardships.
Step 3: Do I look for God in my victories as much as in my hardships?

Psalm 139:9-10 - "If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there Your hand will guide me, Your right hand will hold me fast."
Step 1: Your hand will guide me/hold me.
Step 2: God promises to lead and guide His children.
Step 3: Do I trust that God will lead and guide my life?

So what is my take-away from today's verses?

Short and simple and to the point: God is with me! And He is with you! He has our past, our present and our future in His hands. Regardless of what we are encountering on this very day, or in this very season of life, He is with us. May we acknowledge His presence in our day-to-day.

To read a little more about this topic, take a look at this previous post.

No comments: