Monday, March 29, 2010

Psalm 139: Day 4

Hi Bible Study girls.

Here are the last few verses of Psalm 139, broken down using the 3-Question Method.

Psalm 139:17 - "How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!"
Step 1: Your thoughts are precious. How vast.
Step 2: God thought of everything when He created us.
Step 3: How can I feel incomplete when God thought of everything when He created me?

Psalm 139:18 - "Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand. When I awake, I am still with You."
Step 1: Were I to count, they would outnumber the grains of sand. I am with You.
Step 2: The thoughts of God are incomprehensible, and yet He cares about us enough to desire to spend time with us.
Step 3: Have I made time to spend with God, or have I been too busy with what I deem as important to give Him the time He so deserves?

Psalm 139:19 - "If only You would slay the wicked, O God! Away from me, you bloodthirsty men!"
Step 1: If You would slay the wicked. Away, you bloodthirsty men.
Step 2: When we are in the presence of God, we begin to hate sin.
Step 3: Do I hate sin, or have I developed a tolerance to it?

Psalm 139:20 - "They speak of You with evil intent; Your adversaries misuse Your Name."
Step 1: They speak with evil and misuse Your Name.
Step 2: The evil in this world wars against all that we stand for in Christ.
Step 3: What do I view as evil? Do I believe the evil in this world is reveal? In what ways have I seen the evil in this world war against my belief and standards in Christ?

Psalm 139:21 - "Do I not hate those who hate you, O Lord, and abhor those who rise up against You?"
Step 1: Do I hate those who hate you and those who rise up against You?
Step 2: We are to combat against the forces of evil, and cling to Christ.
Step 3: Am I clinging to Christ against the forces of evil, or do I succumb to the pressures of this world?

Psalm 139:22 - "I have nothing but hatred for them; I count them my enemies."
Step 1: I have hatred for them. I count them enemies.
Step 2: We are to hate what is evil.
Step 3: Do I hate the evil in this world?

Psalm 139:23 - "Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts."
Step 1: Search me and know my heart. Test me and know my anxious thoughts.
Step 2: God searches our hearts, and knows even our most anxious thoughts.
Step 3: What anxious thoughts are on my heart? Have I handed them over to God? Do I believe He is capable of taking care of even my worst fears?

Psalm 139:24 - "See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."
Step 1: See if there is any offensive way in me. Lead me in the way everlasting.
Step 2: When we truly know God's character, we desire to be more like Him in everything we do. Only the eternal will last.
Step 3: Do I desire to be more like Him, knowing that only the eternal will last?

No comments: