Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Attributes of God: The Creator

"For You created my inmost being ... "
(Psalm 139:13)

Oh how I could not wait to get to "C" this week, and this is one of the many reasons ... 

Are you ready for this?


Isn't that the sweetest little foot you've ever seen? Ok, perhaps I'm a bit biased. 

I could get so wrapped up in talking about how amazed I am with the intricacies of creation right now. How perfect our God is that He has thought of absolutely everything. How magnificent He is that He weaves us together with such purpose and precision.

Lord, I praise You today for being the Creator. There is NONE besides You. You are so perfect and precise and You function with such purpose. Thank You for weaving us into Your plan. You created us each with an individual goal in mind and I thank You for that. May I glorify You with my life, my breath, my everything. You are deserving of it all. The Creator of all the earth - May my lips glorify you all the days of my life. [And thank you, Jesus ... For being the Creator of that sweet little foot.]


What about you?

Are you praising Him today for being the Change you needed? Are you praising Him for His Character? For Christ? For the Cross? Are you thanking Him for being the ultimate Cleanser of your sins? For being your Comforter? Your Counselor? Your Commander? Are you praising Him for being your Companion? For His Compassion? 

"You have searched me, LORD, and You know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
You perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
You are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue 
you, Lord, know it completely.
You hem me in behind and before,
and You lay Your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me attain.

For You created my inmost being;
You knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; 
Your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in Your book
before one of them came to be.
How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of the them!
Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand - 
when I awake, I am still with You."
(Psalm 139:1-6, 13-18)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love this posting!!! Thank you for reminding me of all I have to Praise our Creator for!