Friday, April 15, 2011

Attributes of God: My Director

"The mind of man plans his way,
but the LORD directs his steps."
(Proverbs 16:9)

The Message translates the above verse the following way: 

"We plan the way we want to live, but only God makes us able to live it."

The word direct means to regulate the activities or the course of; to show or point out the way for.

I praise You, God, today for being my Director.  Thank You for fashioning my steps in the way they should go.  Thank You, Father, for regulating the course of my life.  For showing me the way.  Thank You for directing my life in ways that are beneficial for me.  So many times I tried to go off on my own path, but You, Lord, were faithful to nudge me back onto the way of Truth.  

What about you?

Has He been your Defender, your Delight?  Are you praising Him for being your Deliverer?  Are you thankful that He is the One you can Depend on?  Is He the master Designer to you?  The Desire of your heart?  Your Devoted One?  The Divine? 

"The steps of a man are established by the LORD;
And He delights in his way."
(Psalm 37:23)

"LORD, I know that people's lives are not their own; 
It is not for them to direct their steps."
(Jeremiah 10:23)
  

No comments: