Saturday, April 23, 2011

Attritbutes of God: Our Guide

"He restores my soul;
He guides me in the paths of righteousness
for His name's sake."
(Psalm 23:3)

As a little girl, I remember memorizing Psalm 23 with my Dad.  He and I would recite it again and again.  As I was thinking through this particular attribute, I received an email from my Dad where he had typed out the entire 23rd Psalm.  Perfect timing.  Psalm 23 reminded me of the sweet picture painted of a Shepherd with his flock.  And that is what Jesus desires our relationship with Him to be.  He desperately desires to be our guide in life.  Will we obediently follow as the sheep follow the voice of their Shepherd? Or will we painfully rebel, to the probable detriment of our own lives?

I am praising God today for being my Guide.  Thank You, Lord, for your guidance.  Where would I be without it?  And do you know what I love? You only have the ability to lead me in paths of righteousness - as You alone are righteousness.  You know nothing less.  May I trust You unswervingly in this race of life.  Guide me, Lord ... for Your name's sake.  

What about you?

Are you praising Him today for His Gentleness?  Are you thankful that He has sent His Gospel to teach and instruct you?  Are You blown away by the Grace He has for mankind?  Has He brought Gladness into your life, your home?  Are you worshipping Him as the Greatest God?  Is He the Guarder of your heart?

"Guide me in Your truth and teach me,
for You are God my Savior,
and my hope is in You all day long."
(Psalm 25:5)

"He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them."
(Psalm 25:9)

"Since You are my rock and fortress,
for the sake of Your name lead and guide me."
(Psalm 31:3)

  "For this God is our God for ever and ever;
He will be our guide even unto the end."
(Psalm 48:14)

"I will lead the blind by ways they have not known,
along unfamiliar paths I will guide them;
I will turn the darkness into light before them
and make the rough places smooth.
These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them."
(Isaiah 42:16)

No comments: