Friday, April 22, 2011

Attributes of God: The Faithful One

"Know therefore that the LORD your God,
He is God, the faithful God, who keeps His covenant
and His lovingkindness to a thousandth generation
with those who love Him and keep His commandments."
(Deuteronomy 7:9)

I praise the Lord today for being the Faithful One.  In a world cursed with betrayal, disappointment, and defeat, I stand firm knowing that I serve a God who is forever faithful.  He is the Rock to which I turn when life betrays, disappoints, and defeats.  And He not only lifts me out of despair - He promises faithfulness.  My God is faithful! 

So what about you?

Are you too praising your God today for being Faithful?  Are you thanking Him for being the Finisher (completer) of your faith? For being your Father?  For being a Forever God?  The One who Forgives?  Your mighty Fortress (stronghold)? For giving you Freedom through His one and only Son, Jesus? For being your Friend (companion)? Has He alone brought Fulfillment to your life?

"Thus says the LORD, the Redeemer of Israel, and its Holy One,
To the despised One, to the One abhorred by the nation,
to the Servant of rulers,
'Kings shall see and arise,
Princes shall also bow down;
Because of the LORD who is faithful,
the Holy One of Israel who has chosen You.'"
(Isaiah 49:7)

"God is faithful, through whom you called into fellowship
with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord."
(1 Corinthians 1:7)

"Faithful is He who calls you ... "
(1 Thessalonians 5:24)

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Thank you! I was truly blessed this morning as I came across your blog. I was praying this morning and I was thanking the Lord for being just that in my life "Faithful". I have so much to thank Him for.